How to Self-Nominate:
If you would like to nominate yourself for an award or prize, please adhere to this process:
- We encourage applicants to keep their personal statements to 1-1.5 pages.
- Personal statements should address the criteria for the award(s) you are applying to. If it’s an award about entrepreneurship, it should address that. If it’s an award about community leadership, it should include those achievements. Include all the criteria into one personal statement if you are applying for multiple awards (exception for Distinguished Leadership, below).
- When you log on to the nomination form you will see that a separate personal statement is needed for the Distinguished Leadership Award. If you are applying for other awards in addition to Distinguished Leadership, please submit two personal statements, one for all other awards and one addressing the prompt of Distinguished Leadership.
If you are applying for the Distinguished Leadership Award, your Personal Statement must answer the following prompt. All other award personal statements should reflect the criteria for all awards selected and do not have a specific prompt.
Distinguished Leadership Prompt: How do you view your role as a leader? How has this impacted your personal leadership style, your capacity to be an effective leader, and your ability to collaborate with others? How will you continue to apply what you have learned about leadership in your future endeavors?
- Be prepared to attach supplemental information (resume, personal statement) directly onto the nomination form.
- Following the deadline, departments will review all self-nominations and select final candidates for College consideration. All self-nominations must include a personal statement.
Nominations for these awards:
- Applications for Winter 2021 awards will be accepted until December 31, 2020 at 11:59 p.m. EST. Unfortunately no late awards can be accepted.
For descriptions of each award, please see the Award and Prize Description page.
Please email email@example.com with any questions.